15.11.11

Day #85

Thanks for all of the advice on my dilemma re: baby shower! I recognize that this is actually an issue with my ability to cope with social expectations, so I guess I should work on that... in better news, all of the advice really got me to thinking.  Well, all of the advice and the fact that I spent any number of hours organizing the music room that will soon double as a nursery and in the process found some FABULOUS yarn! That meant only one thing. I had to crochet something. Since the baby shower was the perfect excuse, I made little baby hats!

 
 one for a little boy

and one for a little girl!
(I was especially pleased with myself making that flower. It was my first attempt)


Now, they are far from perfect and the lullaby mix that I am working on may end up being just for my own personal use, but I DID IT. And that's all I have to say about that. The yarns are actually really great colors, but since the only lighting I have at this time is a sort of yellowish dim lamp hanging over my desk, you can't see that the colors are a deep plum and a sort of brown-grey (you know, the color you always want but can never seem to find? my mom will know what I'm talking about.) 

Also, I had a breakthrough last night! After spending the better part of the day at the doctor getting poked with needles for the final time before I give birth, I just felt like I wasn't ready to go to bed at 10:30 when Boyf climbed under the covers. I usually just go to bed, fall asleep reading, then wake up every two hours or so in discomfort or with heartburn (yes, pregnancy is AWESOME!), but last night I opted out and decided to stay up until 3:30am. This felt like old times! I went to bed at 3:30, woke up at 8, and have felt more rested today than I have in months.  I guess my body just doesn't require as much sleep as is recommended. So, here is to more late nights, productivity (especially hopeful for new music), and longer days! If I could cut anything out of my life, it would be sleep, so this really is a delightful discovery. 

Other things of note: 
  • We bought a christmas tree! this fulfills my wishes that when I return three days after Thanksgiving there will be Christmas cheer in our home. (yes, I will put it up before I leave this Thursday)
  • We got a stroller in the mail! and a very generous friend gave us an infant carseat that she is no longer using. This means that my fear of not being able to bring my child home from the hospital is now a moot point.
  • I took a picture of my pregnant self. See: TRUTH IN ACTION. I AM PREGNANT. (to read about my sister's horror dreams of me lying about being pregnant, click HERE) You can thank Whitney Larsen for asking me to take a picture and send it to her. You can also thank the fact that I know her so well for the lack of makeup and the lunch stains which may or may not be visible on my shirt.  If you can guess what I had for lunch, I will send you a personalized greeting card. This sounds really cheesy, but I promise it will be awesome. I'll even give you three guesses. 

since I don't have my glasses on (just contacts) I can't even tell if you can see the stain... I'll still send you that card if you want...
 
I am getting big. That belly is looking AWESOME If you don't agree, I don't want to hear about it. just 7 more weeks... but let's face it, I'm not a patient person by nature. Maybe that is why the end of my pregnancy just happened to fit itself around the holidays, which usually fly by. I wouldn't last otherwise. 

Maybe one of these days, David will actually take a picture of me looking real nice... I think the only pictures I have of me pregnant are the ones I have taken on my computer and then posted on this blog... haha. FAILURE. Well, have a pleasant day. If it hasn't been pleasant enough, I would suggest watching THIS. It always seems to give me a lift. Or THIS. (just skip ahead to circa 37 seconds. I love that part when the music kicks in)

7 comments:

Mairin said...

1. Mac and cheese
2. Meatballz
3. Ice cream cake

You can send my card to:
201 West 84th Street #9
New York, NY 10024

How come you have never shown me this website before??

Love you!

Josie said...

You look amazing!!! There's a baby in there!!

Meggara said...

i have an idea. lets take pictures of you being pregnant fest in texas!!! i think it would be best if you got started getting some ideas here http://youarenotaphotographer.com/category/baby-bumps/

David said...

After hours of meetings and staring at spreadsheets on my computer, I decided to make a visit to facebook.

To my surprise I found a link to THIS!

Why am I just finding out about my wife's blog on the 85th day?

Sara said...

Am I eligible for this contest?! If so, A PRETZEL. If not...person below me cheated.

Unknown said...

First of all, I did not cheat. I'm viewing this on my iPhone and can't see said stains, so I'm not even going to try and guess (though, I wouldn't be sad if the stains were chocolate from Cadbury mini eggs). However, a personalized greeting card from you is ALWAYS welcome... Because I know it'll be good.

Secondly, this post brought me sheer joy on so many levels. That bump is, in fact, AWESOME, nay... Impressive! And those videos are priceless. I'd see the Rock n roll one before, but the Cain one... The cig? Really? Hahahaha. Reminds me if this Asian dude I saw today standing outside a Thai restaraunt totally humphrey bogarting it... Words can't do it justice, but I did wish you were there to witness it. All of a sudden I have a million things to tell you. Please skype soon. Love you!

Nicole said...

You look so good!! So excited for you guys and can't wait to see y'all this week for Thanksgiving! :)